Take a break from transportation & walk to top restaurants in Napa for pairings with local wine or sake on this elevated culinary experience.
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Explore the Sonoma Plaza neighborhood with rich historic landmarks.
- Tours run most days between 1:30-4:30pm
- Easy walking
- BBB accredited
- Family owned and operated
- Dietary substitutions
A Renee ReBell Signature Experience
Our Sonoma Plaza Tour is Gourmet Food and Wine Tour’s flagship tour in the north bay from 2014. This experience is a walking, pairing-tour and includes local, boutique wine with 3 restaurant stops & 1 tasting. Gourmet Food & Wine Tours features The girl & the fig on each tour. Our farm-to-table eclectic menu items represent Sonoma, the Wine Country, and each esteemed Chef.
We walk the perimeter of the Sonoma Plaza incorporating history, films, and stories. Each four restaurant stop marries a special, local wine with our culinary dish. Each tour lasts approximately 3 hours and is guided by professional foodies local to the area for over 24 years. Most of the wine we taste can be purchased and shipped to you, provided the state you live in is friendly to wine crossing their border.
The Sonoma Food and Wine Tour is the flagship experience and is the very tour that launched Gourmet Food and Wine Tours into business!
- Company listed as BEST FOODIE TOUR in the USA by US News and World Reports
- Sample premiere chef’s concoctions – from appetizers through dessert at seated stops on our tour
- Enjoy a half glass of local wine at every stop. Discover why we pair certain wines with our farm-to-table plates.
- Learn Sonoma’s history through stories and landmarks that mark our journeys through the Square.
- Flagship tour for the company and the original on the Sonoma Square
- Photographer available for private tours for an additional fee
What to Expect
Historic Plaza & Barracks
California was born as a state on the Sonoma Plaza. Learn about the history of Sonoma while we walk past and into scenes from yesteryear.
the girl & the fig
This destination and famed location is our featured restaurant and you will soon see why. Our first course is served here with Bubbly.
El Dorado Kitchen
Our second course will be served with a Trefethen Wine inside this historic landmark building known as The El Dorado Hotel.
Delhi Belly Indian Bistro
Our third course is is actually three different dishes. We pair eclectic Indian food with a California twist together with Cline Cellars Wine.
Galatea Effect Tasting Room w/ Coco Planet Choco
For our final course, we taste local Sonoma chocolate with Galatea Effect’s luxury, small production red varietals.